You guys, I love baseball!
I love it!
Four years ago, in the fall of 2008, I sat down in front of the TV with my boyfriend and said, “I want to like baseball. Tell me about baseball.” And he did.
And now it is basically what my life revolves around. The invention of MLB Network totally destroyed my social life.
Tonight is the All-Star Game!
I am a huge-ass Mets fan, I’ve posted some Mets-y stuff on here before, and my twitter is often about Mets and baseball stuff. So here’s the basics on what I feel going into the ASG this year:
- I wish R.A. was starting, and I think the argument that Posey can’t catch him is a weak one.
- I also think the Giants have been coddling Posey and that it’s going to bite them in the ass later on.
- It is also a tragedy that David Wright isn’t starting at third. I hope that Sandoval gets taken out ASAP.
- Basically, I am pretty annoyed with the Giants right now.
- I picked Beltran to win the Derby, and I’m glad he made it to the second round so I didn’t look like too much of a fool.
- The Home Run Derby is waaaaay toooo loooooong. I fell asleep.
- I like the hats for the National League team. I know the AL ones are exactly the same, but the “A” doesn’t fit as well in the little box.
I’ve got some opinions about the ASG as an institution, but this post is already kind of long. The short version is: I don’t like that it ‘counts’ now, but I understand why they did it.
More on this later.